20.11.10

Humility is the Way to God

I think having a blog gets exhausting because who really cares what I have to say? And I'm not trying to be pitiful or asking for pity but sometimes you just need to shut up and listen for a while. Not necessarily because you're wrong but because learning requires intimacy with different ideas and concepts, it requires you to realize kicking against the pricks leads to nowhere. The learned proud and the rich proud have the hardest time following counsel from God because they have no reason to doubt themselves or they're way of thinking. Mostly because they choose not to look at the things they could learn from God.

Sometimes I find myself going down a wrong path. Sometimes out of ignorance but either way once on a wrong path it takes humility to return, not justification of defending the poor decision to avoid admitting wrongdoing or foolishness. Once I realize I'm on the wrong path, I choose humility and then I feel peace again and can then return to the path of righteousness.

There is only one way to peace, happiness and everything else of value in this world and its Jesus Christ. We must follow His example and be humble. There is no other way to God but by faith in His righteousness. There are no shortcuts and nothing to be gained by going off the path.

As the prodigal son returned to himself and was humbled, he returned to his father. His brother had been faithful and felt a bit jealous of the celebration of his brother's return, but I'm sure that the prodigal son felt jealous of his brother who had kept the commandments from the beginning and had been blessed all his life for it. This is just a parable but how true it is that if we stray we do not gain, only in humility are we blessed and come closer to our God. We will have trials but the traps by Satan will be avoided if we heed the words of God.