6.8.10

Ayn's Failure- The Dismantling of an Anti Christian Philosopher part 1

I am really quite fascinated by this woman named Ayn Rand, well not so much her but her followers. How in the world can they see her as anything but the philosophy of men thats not even mingled with scripture? She preaches her philosophy by spiting on the face of those that follow Christ's example. I'll be conducting a debate between Ayn Rand and the Prophets.

Ayn's Failure-
A being who does not know automatically what is true or false, cannot know automatically what is right or wrong, what is good for him or evil. Yet he needs that knowledge in order to live. What, then, are the right goals for man to pursue? What are the values his survival requires? And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why man needs a code of ethics.

Moroni's Rebuttal-
For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
By the Holy Ghost ye shall know the truth of all things.

Ayn's Failure
Objectivist ethics holds man's life as the standard of value - and his own life as the ethical purpose of every individual man. Its three cardinal values are: Reason, Purpose, Self-Esteem, with their three corresponding virtues: Rationality, Productiveness, Pride. Productive work is the central purpose of a rational man's life. Reason is the source and pride is the result.

Ammon's Rebuttal
But Ammon said unto him: I do not aboast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Ayn's Failure
The virtue of Rationality means the recognition and acceptance of Reason as one's only source of knowledge, one's only judge of values and one's only guide to action.

Nephi's Rebuttal
Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark. For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

Ayn's Failure
The basic social principle of the Objectivist ethics is that just as life is an end in itself, so every living human being is an end in himself, not the means to the ends or the welfare of others - that man must live for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself.

Christ's Rebuttal
This is my commandment, That ye alove one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.


To be continued.